OK - so it's NO SECRET that I love my mom's chocolate chip cookies. They are the closest thing to heaven on earth that I'm aware of. My family has known me to bring home a tin of warm fresh-baked cookies ~ with the intention of sharing them, of course ~ only to discover that they never quite get all the way home. At the very least, I will share the recipe with all of you!!! Oh yeah ~ Greg and Joshua would say that they are especially yummy dunked in milk!
Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies (straight from her note to me!)1 cup Crisco¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2¼ cups flour
¾ bag chocolate chips
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
You can always vary this recipe with raisins, dates, pecans, whatever your little heart desires. Bake @ 350° for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

Yum...Chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal are the best! It's usually the cook that makes them so great!
ReplyDeleteThanks for this...sounds like I just might have to make these once my m&m' cookies are all gone. Thanks again for dinner last night...it was so good to see you again. Take care and thanks again for the recipe. Tell the hubby and kiddos hello from all of us.
ReplyDeleteMaggi