The Denver Post published this list of 10 things to do in Colorado before you die – I’ve done all but one! Yes, I have MUCH to be thankful for!!!
CLIMB A FOURTEENER – Yep – I’ve actually done ten (a Fourteener / 14-er is a mountain over 14,000 feet) - Grays Peak, Torreys Peak, Mt. Bierstadt, Quandary Peak, Mt. Democrat, Mt. Sherman, Mt. Massive, Mt. Shavano, Mt. Princeton, and Tabaquache Peak. Thanks to Dad, Margie, Gary, and my hubby for upping the list!
ATTEND A CONCERT AT RED ROCKS – Yes – mostly back in the day (Night Ranger, Duran Duran, Fleetwood Mac) – probably need to get out there for some more up-to-date tunes!
EXPLORE MESA VERDE – Nope – it’s the one thing on the list that I haven’t done! Better get it on our plans…
SINK INTO STRAWBERRY PARK HOT SPRINGS – OK, OK – so Greg and I drove up to this place while honeymooning in Steamboat and quite honestly? The people lurking around there in their skivvies were downright scary. Yes – it was 16 years ago – maybe things have improved since then?!?!
VISIT GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK - Yep, when I was little! and it’s on our “bucket list” of things to do with Joshua and Hannah!
TOUCH DINOSAUR TRACKS – Yep – absolutely! And the article was right – the Picketwire Canyonlands south of LaJunta are THE BEST place to do it! Lots of petro glyphs there, too!
LISTEN TO ELK BUGLE – YES – and what an amazing sound it is!!!
NAVIGATE A MOUNTAIN ROAD – YES, as long as it counts that Greg was driving!!! How can I hike a 14-er but merely being a passenger makes me white-knuckled!
BOARD A TRAIN – YES to the Georgetown Loop which is amazing way-up-high - Durango & Silverton is on our list to do as well!
RAFT THE ARKANSAS – YES - the rapids were crazy and it was AWESOME!
What a great list and to have done 9 out of 10....WOW!
ReplyDelete