Friday, November 19, 2010

Earrings!!!

We always said Hannah could get her ears pierced when she turned eight, when she'd be able to be more responsible and take care of them.  Eight came and went.  Nine came and went.  She didn't want them!  Then about two weeks ago she said she was ready.  So that was it!  Today was the day!!!  As we were walking inside she asked again if she needed to pick up venison to put on her ears? She meant the antiseptic stuff to work as medicine to clean her ears - we had a great laugh!!!  She picked out really cute tanzanite posts (a purple/blue stone) - she told me she had just read in her Science magazine how rare they are! 
...getting ready - a little nervous waiting...
...signing the paperwork... 
 ...getting marked...
 ....waiting a little longer...
 ...both ears at once!!!
SO CUTE! 
 ...checkin' 'em out...
Thank you, Claire's! The girls were great :-)
 ...on our way to celebrate...
 So Proud!
...celebrating afterwards at PF Chang's... 
 DARLING!

2 comments:

  1. I love that she waited. We want to wait until Audrey begs and really wants it. Hannah is so beautiful...growing up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I seem to remember having to wait almost until I could Drive for pierced ears! And I couldn't drive for very long.....I wasn't a good kid like Hannah! I'll have to bring my tanzanite posts next trip out!

    ReplyDelete