Each of the 3rd graders wrote a spoof on a fairy tale for the last day of school ~ enjoy!
The Dragon and The Pea
by Hannah
Deep in the forest there lived two dragon sisters, one named Cynder, and the other Iceland. Now, Iceland didn’t like Cynder much, so she created a magical green pea with her poison breath. That night, Iceland put the green pea under Cynder’s bed, and right away Cynder woke up and started to itch! “Iceland, you don’t have anything to do with my itchiness, do you?” Cynder asked. “Why of course not, I love you!” lied Iceland, “Anyway, I’m going out to try to catch a deer for dinner.” And off she went, and right away a magical dwarf appeared. “My name is Orin,” said the Dwarf, “I can help with your itchiness.” “You can? Well then tell me!!” cried Cynder. “Yes, sleep on this mattress tonight and don’t let your sister stop you.” And a mattress appeared and Orin vanished. Then Iceland flew in. “I’m back!’ she said carrying a deer with her. “You go ahead and eat, Iceland; I’m going to go to sleep early on my new mattress I just got.” “But”, said Iceland, “don’t you want your bed?” “You can have it,” said Cynder as she started to go to sleep. When Iceland got very angry and started to create another poison ball, Orin appeared in front of Iceland and waved his magical wand and created a shiny ball that trapped Iceland in it for ten generations. “You should be able to sleep now, Cynder,” Orin said as he nodded his head, while Cynder slept happily ever after.
THE END
This is a fun and incredible read! I guess we will be in the company of a serious author too?????
ReplyDelete